Artistically bring to live Biblical stories and messages, and thus help the congregation to view and understand them in fresh and deeper ways.
Theatre Troupe Member Position Description
Reports to: Director/Coordinator of Theatre Troupe
General Responsibilities of Every Ministry and Committee Member:
Specific Responsibilities of Theatre Troupe Members
- Participate in the plays presented to the parish, beginning with the rehearsals.
- Be a team player.
- Be committed to the purpose/objective of the group as expressed above.
- Christmas Play
- Passion Play
- Other plays
- Annual Retreat
- According to each member’s time allowance
- It takes about 6-8 weeks to produce a play and about 2-3 rehearsals per week, especially as the production dates draw closer.
Expected Length of Commitment
- For the duration of each play – often 1-2 months.
General Qualifications Required of Every Ministry and Committee Member:
Specific Qualifications Required
- No previous acting experience required, just a little bit of interest in acting or helping out.
- There are various less involved opportunities like helping with lighting, being in the crowd, helping set the stage during scene transitions, etc.
Click for Ushers/hospitality Ministry