COUNCILS & COMMISSIONS
Chairs & Co-Chairs
General Responsibilities of Every Council and Commission Chair and Co-Chair:
1. Discerns God’s message in one’s own life regarding stewardship of Time, Talent and Treasure.
2. Be familiar with and facilitate the long and short-term goals of the Council or Commission; keep the Council or Commission focused on them and constantly striving towards their fulfillment.
3. Be familiar with the ministries under their Council or Commission.
4. Be familiar with ministry guidelines and General Parish Procedures, especially events scheduling and facility usage.
6. Ensures the Council or Commission secretary maintains an updated list of its members, including phone numbers and email addresses.
7. Ensures that ministries under their Council or Commission maintain updated members’ records including phone numbers and email addresses.
8. Maintains accurate records to provide Council or Commission specific inputs and successes for reports to the parish by the Pastor or Stewardship Committee.
9. Requests and reviews yearly, Goals and Objectives for all ministries under the Council or Commission.
10. Encourages the leaders of the ministries under their care to write and submit bulletin articles especially after special events, giving a good account of number of participants, items collected and used, number of volunteers, what was achieved, etc.
11. Sends written thank you note to Council or Commission members at the end of their term.
12. Keeps the leadership (Pastor, Parish Pastoral Council and Stewardship Committee) advised of needs, issues, and positive experiences so they can be incorporated into the planning process.
13. Presents Council or Commission in a positive light at all times.
14. Keeps parish office informed of the activities of the Council or Commission.
15. Liaise with the Webmaster and leaders of the ministries under the Council or Commission to constantly update the Council or Commission’s webpage and those of its ministries, so that visitors will know what’s going on.
16. Ongoing communication with coordinators and ministry chairs: This sends the message to them that they are vital to the success of the ministry. It assures them that the chair is interested in what they are doing. It allows opportunities for the chair to give input that steers the team toward their mission in all the activities.
17. Coordinates budget for all Commission ministries.
18. Gives direction and guidance to the Commission ministries.
19. Maintains communication with Pastor for guidance and direction of the program.
20. Serves as a member of the Parish Pastoral Council
21. Serves as a member and presenter at the Welcome/Orientation/Registration events.
22. Oversees the Commission’s participation in the Commissions/Stewardship Fair.
23. Helps in recruiting new members into the various ministries of the Commission and providing training – delegation is important.
General Qualifications Required of Every Council and Commission Chair and Co-Chair:
General Responsibilities of Every Commission & Council Member:
General Qualifications Required of Every Council and Commission Member:
Ability to collaborate and work well with team members and others in ministries
Reliable, dependable and responsible – one who goes through with their commitment.
Experience and/or interest in working with the Council or Commission and its ministries
Must be a registered parishioner for at least one year
MINISTRIES & COMMITTEES
Chairpersons & Coordinators
General Responsibilities of Every Ministry and Committee Chairperson and Coordinator:
General Qualifications Required of Every Ministry and Committee Chairperson and Coordinator:
General Responsibilities of Every Ministry and Committee Member:
General Qualifications Required of Every Ministry and Committee Member: