Liturgy Commission Chairperson Position Description
Reports to: Pastor and Parish Pastoral Council
General Responsibilities of Every Council and Commission Chair and Co-Chair
Specific Responsibilities of Liturgy Commission Chair:
- Strive to educate self about the Church’s Liturgical celebrations. Professional workshops and lectures are available upon request, including online materials.
- Strive to educate self about the Liturgical Seasons of the Church and to help others do the same
- Help other Commission members and in deed Liturgical ministers to be fairly conversant with the liturgy they serve at.
- Review the Liturgical Season each year and plan adequately and timely
- Materials and resources needed
- Ministers needed
- Submit budget if one is needed
- Arrange for rehearsals for participating liturgical ministers when and if necessary, especially when special liturgies are coming up
Meetings (when held, frequency, etc.):
- At least four times a year.
Term as Chair:
- Three years, renewable for a second term.
The number of meetings vary, but takes into consideration that enough time should be allowed for prayer, ongoing formation, planning (short and long range), evaluation, and other action items that need to be discussed.
General Qualifications Required of Every Council and Commission Chair and Co-Chair:
Specific Qualifications Required:
- Practices the Catholic faith through regular attendance at liturgy and reception of the Sacraments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Pastor, Parish Staff and Parish Committees.
- Ability to coordinate efforts by multiple workgroups. Some level of enthusiasm or interest in the Church’s liturgical
Click for Altar Servers
Liturgy Commission Chairperson Description Position